Focus on Your Abilities
There is no such thing as a life without adversity. No goal is reached without struggle. But when obstacles present themselves, are you focused on the problem or the solution?
In this inspirational keynote, George explores what it means to focus on the solution. By putting your energy towards solving a problem, you are being proactive in exhibiting a positive attitude and a great mindset - two things that will set your organization up for success in achieving its goals. From this program, you will learn:
- To focus on your abilities and strengths, not your disabilities and weaknesses
- What you can't do is not going to help. What you can do will
- How to use what you can do to overcome what you can't
- How to take steps to enhance your abilities and strengths, while minimizing your disabilities and weaknesses
Goal Setting...& Resetting
How can you get what you want if you don't know what your want is? How can you achieve your goals if they are not clearly defined? One of the most frustrating matters in life, the inability to identify and communicate our exact desires - and therefore to pursue them - begins in early childhood and follows us well into adulthood.
In this presentation, George teaches your organization the importance of not only defining goals, but constantly reviewing and reevaluating the goals that have been set. By doing so, success will be realized. He imparts four basic points:
- Set goals; then set goals to meet those goals. A runner does not embark on a career in running with the only goal in mind being to "win a gold medal at the Olympics." Set short term goals that act as stepping stones to larger, long-term goals
- Check your goals frequently and reevaluate their relevance; some may need to be adjusted to the current situation
- Learn from the goals you set and don't attain on the first or second try. Look at why you may not have achieved a goal and ask yourself what you might need to do differently to accomplish what you want
- Your job isn't finished when you’ve accomplished a goal. Keep resetting your goals to meet the next challenge