The Spark & the Grind: Ignite the Power of Disciplined Creativity
Only the dreamers who do and doers who dream will survive and thrive in the new world
If you are not thinking about disruption, complexity and continual innovation in your industry, then we’ve got news for you: You are ignoring a perilous gaping void, and if you don’t fill it, someone else will.
Technology and culture are in a state of continual flux, and today’s business demands an environment where innovation is not only welcomed, but required. So how can you keep up and instill a disciplined approach to innovation?
Erik Wahl, bestselling author, artist and one of the nation’s most in-demand keynote speakers. His new book and presentation, The Spark & the Grind: Ignite the Power of Disciplined Creativity presents the yin and the yang of the creative process: How to create and maintain the flow of ideas, and how to execute them. The world is filled with dreamers and doers—but the only way things happen are when dreamers muster the mental tenacity and hard work, and when doers harness their innate creativity and flexibility.
Erik’s dynamic presentation explores the process of creativity and creation. Audiences are inspired to laughter, tears and always leave with a desire to unearth more meaning in their work and their lives, and the tools to find it.
In THE SPARK AND THE GRIND keynote, Erik:
- Deconstructs the process and discipline necessary to realize the visions of master creators such as Isaac Newton, Thomas Edison and Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Delves into the science of innovation, and how to tap it for your own purposes
- Drives home the importance of creative culture, regardless of industry, and how to harness it for individual and collective success.
Unthink: Rediscover Your Creative Genius
Somehow we've come to believe that creativity is reserved for the chosen few: the poets, the painters, the writers. But the truth is that creativity is in all of us. It's about rediscovering the keys to unlock your fullest potential.
Speaker Erik Wahl will help you reframe your thinking so that new creative actions become possible. You'll step outside convention to discover unexpected solutions to business challenges. You'll inject your daily grind with passionate new solutions. You'll rethink your assumptions about your role at your workplace. And you'll begin the process of rethinking your life as a blank canvas of limitless opportunities by which to create your masterpiece.
I Am Artist
For many of us, our creative potential got buried long ago because of self-doubt, criticism, and lack of use. Using a short film by the same name, the “I Am Artist” program is an innovative training experience designed to help audiences rediscover their inner artists by tapping into their childlike (not childish) “beginner’s mind.” “I Am Artist” will give members of your organization the tools they need to dig deep to uncover their unique talents, leading to breakthrough levels of success.
Businesses are most successful when they are pushing the boundaries of their industry, creating new solutions, and exceeding customer expectations. None of those things are possible if members at all levels are not working at their creative best. Experiencing speaker Erik Wahl’s “I Am Artist” program will form a tribe of artists within your organization who want to create a corporate masterpiece and refuse to settle for anything less than originality, creativity, and excellence.
This program requires:
- A willingness to try new things
- A desire to dig deep to find your inner artist
- An ability to silence your inner art critic
- A shovel—metaphorically speaking, of course
This program produces:
- A renewed connection to your childlike ability to play and create, leading to increased productivity and innovation
- The ability to uncover your latent talents and abilities that can skyrocket your performance, no matter your role in the organization
- New conversations about the unifying vision of your organization’s masterpiece
The Art of Leadership
As the business landscape continues to change, leaders need to stay ahead of the game by fostering a steady stream of disruptive strategies and unexpected solutions. They must revive stagnant markets or completely reinvent the competitive dynamics of an industry. Disruptive thinking requires a culture of innovative leadership that can provide the framework and motivation to generate those strategies and execute those solutions. From small startups to global corporations, all business leaders who wish to transform organizational processes and behaviors must master these skills.
To thrive in this new era, organizations, institutions, executives, and entrepreneurs need to rethink the habits that have made them successful in the past and challenge the conventional wisdom and industry models that have defined their world. Through “The Art of Leadership,” speaker Erik Wahl will make business leaders wonder, “Why haven’t we ever thought about our business and culture this way before?
Wahl will teach your audience how leadership:
- Creates emotional connections to drive future discretionary effort
- Creates a culture of commitment
- Creates innovative processes and productivity
The Art of Vision in Business
Your best sustainable edge in business is your ability to visibly differentiate yourself from your competition. "The Art of Vision" is an entertaining and highly practical program that uncovers new ways to make your organization more creative and ultimately more profitable. It is no longer enough to have good customer service, and a good product. The truly great companies have altered the landscape to create a unique experience for the customer. Whether in sales, service or leadership principles, professionals at all levels can achieve superior performance by creatively differentiating themselves from the competition.
In this informative, interactive, and motivating keynote presentation, speaker Erik Wahl covers:
Sales & Service Excellence
- Working smarter, not harder
- Creating a unique customer experience
- Sustaining excellence in a changing economy
- Leveraging chaos to create opportunity
- Discovering untapped potential
- Creating a culture of commitment
- Transcending mediocrity
- Freeing the mind to out-think the competition
The Art of Vision for Educators
Through this highly interactive and motivational keynote, speaker Erik Wahl uses his skills as an artist as a metaphor and a vehicle to inspire the educational community to build a vision in the best interests of our children. He draws his audience in through humorous and heartwarming stories as well as audience participation. His goal is to help educators at every level explore new levels of achievement and success. Whether you are a teacher, an administrator, or a bus driver, you have the ability to profoundly and positively impact the lives of your children. "The Art of Vision for Educators" is specifically designed to be a unique and entertaining multimedia experience as much as it an educational tool.
Wahl challenges and empowers the education community to recreate their vision for their students. The principals in this uplifting and highly practical message will redefine the role of a teacher as an artist as well as an architect.
His program will touch on the following points:
Creativity in Education
- What creativity is as it relates to vision
- How creativity is “learned” out of us
- What we can do to recapture our natural creativity
- How we can use creativity to transcend mediocrity
Teamwork Through Vision
- Why a unified vision is important to lasting success
- We are all individual agents of change working together
- Finding the heroism in our work as educators
- Igniting the spark of passion to bring creativity back to the classroom
- Thinking outside the box for greater levels of success
- Profoundly impacting kids' lives through communication
The Art of Vision in Healthcare
You must see it before you achieve it. As the landscape for healthcare continues to change, a clear vision is the key to successfully navigating tomorrow's unchartered water. "The Art of Vision in Healthcare" is an entertaining and highly practical program that uncovers new ways to make your healthcare organization more productive and ultimately more profitable. Healthcare professionals who embrace innovation are better equipped to succeed in the future. Whether it's patient services, administrative issues, or leadership principles, healthcare organizations at all levels can achieve superior clinical excellence and patient safety by defining a vision of purpose and commitment.
In this presentation, speaker Erik Wahl will touch on the following:
- Transcending mediocrity
- Building a lasting vision
- Sustaining Excellence in a changing economy
- Using change to leverage performance
- Creating a culture of commitment
- Finding the heroism in your work