Leading in the Age of Teams: The Untaught Skills Required for Success
Through conducting multiple research studies, and ongoing conversations with senior leaders from companies across multiple industries and geographies, Dan Schawbel has connected the ability to lead and work effectively in a team to organizational success. Contrary to popular belief, you don’t have to be born a leader to become one, and the education system doesn’t teach you the skills required to thrive in today’s team-based organizational structure. With the advent of new technologies, and the complexities of managing an ever-diverse employee population, it’s becoming even more important to understand team dynamics. This presentation will both inspire and instruct you on how to become an invaluable team player and leader. Through his latest insights, and personal stories, Dan will prove that the byproduct of supporting your team is your own individual success.
You will learn how to:
- Master the five qualities of an effective team member
- Leverage technology to collaborate and measure your team’s success
- Foster strong team relationships in and out of the office
- Lead horizontally by distributing accountability and knowledge across the team
The LeaderShift: How to Discover, Retain & Develop the Next Generation of Leaders
Over the past eight years, Dan Schawbel has helped all types of organizations unlock the secrets to recruiting, retaining and growing their young talent. As a millennial leader, mentor and researcher, he has dissected the cultural, technological and economic drivers that make these generations different. After surveying thousands of millennials, and Generation Z-ers from across the world, he has uncovered essential information about their workplace needs, learning habits and leadership styles that will impact companies now and in the future. With Gen Z entering the workplace, and millennials moving up to management positions, your company cannot afford to ignore both generations who will comprise over half of your workforce by 2020. This presentation will help you win the battle for talent, ensure that they remain productive workers and become the future leaders of your company.
You will learn:
- The unique characteristics of all four generations and how they can work in harmony together.
- How to create a more engaging culture that embraces continuous learning, regular feedback and innovation.
- Seven of the most effective strategies for engaging these generations from companies such as Scripps Health, Intel, Michelin, LinkedIn and GE.
The Future of Work: Top Trends Reshaping Business & How to Prepare for Them
With the increased adoption of new technologies, globalization, automation and ever-changing economic conditions, the modern workplace is in a state of flux. As a result, today's companies are facing major challenges that will affect how they do business and compete for the best talent. For the past five years, Dan Schawbel has published an annual report of the top workplace trends in Forbes, generating more than 800,000 views combined. The trends are selected based on primary research from his firm, secondary research from over 450 different sources and conversations with HR executives at Fortune 1000 companies. In this presentation, you will hear about the top workplace trends that will change the way you view your corporation, help you better prepare for the future and improve your talent management strategy.
You will learn:
- About how each trend will impact your business now and in the future.
- What companies have successfully navigated these trends with results from their programs.
- Tips on how you can be at the forefront of trends and be competitive in your industry.