How to Succeed in Business Without Really Crying
Based on her April 2014 bestseller, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Crying, Carol Leifer discusses her extraordinary three-decade journey through show business, illuminating her many triumphs and some missteps along the way. In a presentation that is a perfect blend of comedy and mentorship, Leifer offers valuable lessons and shares her secrets for success with her witty and hilarious how-to guide for everyone: College graduates just breaking into the job market, women who find themselves frustrated by the “glass ceiling” and for anybody who wants a bigger and better career now. Using priceless insight, she provides audiences with tips and tricks for getting ahead, finding your way and opening locked doors.
Comedy Workshop with Carol Leifer
Have you dreamed of becoming a comedy writer, either as a hobby or a profession? Do you think your company, organization, or students could benefit from an infusion of humor in presentations and seminars?
Then four-time Emmy nominee and best-selling author Carol Leifer is perfect for your group! Book her now for her critically acclaimed writer's workshop.
You will learn:
- The basics of joke writing and personal essay writing from the woman who's written for Billy Crystal, Ellen DeGeneres, Chris Rock, Steve Martin, Alec Baldwin, and Whoopi Goldberg
- What makes a funny idea for an episode of a sitcom
- The behind-the-scenes stories of triumph and tragedy from the woman who's written for Seinfeld, Saturday Night Live, and Modern Family
- Never-before-shared secrets of breaking into the business
- The art of "pitching" your comedy ideas - in work and everyday life
You'll even have the chance to get up on stage and read your joke or personal essay in front of Carol Leifer for on-the-spot encouragement and direction. By bringing simple exercises to her workshops, Leifer unleashes the funny power that lies in everyone!
When You Lie About Your Age, the Terrorists Win: Reflections on Looking in the Mirror
Coming Out: The Guts, the Glory, the Grief
Life on an Everything Bagel: Wisdom & Thoughts on Life from Seinfeld Writer Carol Leifer
How to Handle Everything with the Key Ingredient of Humor
Life, Work & Staying Sane: How Women Find Balance in Today's Chaos
Laughter Really Is the Best Medicine: How Humor Makes You Healthier, Reduces Stress & Helps You Be a Peak Performer